Ok really, the blog title might sound fancy but the truth is, it’s just a veiled way of saying I’m going to talk about myself for a little bit. A recent influx of new followers have prompted me to write such a blog, so that y’all out there reading can get to know a little more about the person behind the posts. I think it’s important to know your audience when you write, and it’s similarly important for an audience to be able to relate to the writer. And also, my workmate asked me to write a blog this weekend, and I really have nothing else to talk about! So here goes yet another effort in self absorption, with ten bits of otherwise useless information about yours truly.
1. My nail polish is perpetually chipped. I rarely have natural nails, because it’s just not the way I roll, but the colour on them only looks good for the first hour or so. A day if I’m lucky. And yet I keep painting them, despite the frustration. Glutton for punishment, me.
2. Whenever I’m sewing, I somehow always end up with a pin in my mouth. It’s a subconscious habit, that I only ever notice when my jaw starts to ache from the tension, at which point I will remove the pin, only to have another take its place between my lips moments later.
3. I am moderately good at a few things, but not great at anything. Which I don’t think is necessarily a bad thing, but I certainly wouldn’t say I have any exceptional talent…unless falling over is a talent, that is.
4. I am notoriously vague and forgetful. I once told my best friend the same story within a half hour. The problem with this, is that people have a tendency to mistakenly think I’m a bimbo, which is a very difficult misconception to shake, let me tell you.
5. I am not especially affectionate, which makes me particularly adept at abrupt goodbyes. I am forever walking out of social gatherings with barely more than a wave and a collective goodbye.
6. I like to be actively doing things and I can’t sit still. So much so that whenever I’m sitting down, I end up rocking back and forth, or side to side. Which makes me look like a crazy person apparently, but it’s yet another subconscious habit I’ve got.
7. I am an incredibly lazy cook. I can’t get motivated enough to even bother a lot of the time. I don’t mean I eat takeaway a lot, but let’s just say I’m a huge fan of Mi Goreng.
8. A large majority of my close friends are older than me. Not just by a year, but by eight or more. I have always found that I get along really well with people older than me, and less so with people my own age.
9. I am a terrible liar. I can’t lie, even if I wanted to. My darned traitorous cheeks flush with embarrassment every time I try! Which leads me, naturally, to be bluntly, brutally honest about pretty much everything.
10. I have a burning, yearning desire to perform music. The only problem is that I’m not the most vocally powerful singer in the world, and I suffer from a crippling lack of instrumental talent. So for now at least, I perform concerts only for shower head. And occasionally give weird mini song and dance shows at my place of employment.
Bam, there you have it. Now you know me a little better, and Sarah’s blog demand has been filled. Now I’m going to go and make breakfast, because my stomach is grumbling in protest. Happy Sunday, y’all.